How to make sleeping in a tent more comfortable is no doubt a good question? But can your tent become as comfortable as a luxury hotel is a question of doubt? As you’re my friend – the name of trust and truth. I am promising you that I will not lie to you and do my best to solve your problem.
Whatever you do to make your tent more comfortable, it will not become as cozy, as luxurious as a hotel. But if you succeed to turn your tent into a luxury comfortable hotel then one thing is for sure that you’re not on an adventure trip, you just created your own comfortable hotel to spend your free time.
What are you going to read here is – having the top comfortable sleep without missing the thrill of sleeping outdoors in a jungle, hill, or ground surrounded by beautiful nature.
How to make sleeping in a tent more comfortable: Simple but most powerful steps.
Now let’s go in deep of tent organization ideas for sleeping more comfortably.
Whether you are sleeping on the ground camping or camping on the top these are some simple but powerful steps for sleeping comfortably.
Set your tent in the right place
This is the very first step you have to make because every other step I am going to tell will become meaningless if you don’t do this properly.
How to make tent camping comfortable? The answer is simple: Spend some time looking for a reasonably plain surface after reaching your camping destination. Remove all the rocks and things which is making the surface uneven and uncomfortable.
A good sleeping bag becomes more important for comfortable sleep. Here are some important rules for finding the best sleeping bag you need for a good sleep.
- Temperature rating: Every sleeping bag has a temperature rating that tells users for which temperature the bag is suitable. If you’re camping in the winter season or in a cold region then you should purchase a sleeping bag compatible with this temperature.
- Shape: The sleeping bags come in four shapes.
- Mummy: This shape of the bag provides more insulation and comes in the shape of a mummy.
- Double-wide: This sleeping bag is good for two persons.
- Rectangular: In this shape, you get more space and rectangular sleeping bags are more comfortable the mummy bags.
- Semi-rectangular: Semi rectangular sleeping bag is a combined form of both mummy and rectangular bag. This shape will proved good insulation and more space for your legs.
- Insulation: There two types of insulation – down and synthetic. Down insulation is more comfortable and provides more insulation than synthetic bags. The down insulation sleeping bag is more expensive than a synthetic one.
A good sleeping pad makes a huge difference
The sleeping pad is not necessary at all but it will make a huge difference in terms of providing more comfort during sleep.
What a tent sleeping pad does is – It creates a comfortable gap between you and the tough ground and gives your sleeping bag a softer surface to sleep on.
Here are the different types of sleeping pad:
This shape is good for those who want to carry their sleeping pad outside the backpack. The closed-cell sleeping pad is inexpensive, incredibly lightweight, and firm and provides some serious insulation. But these are not the most comfortable
Air pads provide the highest level of comfort and are very compact. These are easy to inflate and nearly all come with the built-in insulation to keep you warm. You can buy an air pad which comes with a hand-pump or you can blow them up by yourself.
This style of sleeping pad is the most expensive and makes little noise while moving them around.
This style is a combination of both closed-cell and air pad. Self-inflating sleeping pads are the least expensive and provide the most warmth. The fabric used in these pads is stronger than any other style but you need to take more care because it can be easily punctured.
When you listen to the sound of the outdoors from your tv it seems to be low but when you really go on an outdoor adventure like camping then in reality there is a lot of noise going on.
I don’t need earplugs because I love to listen to these sounds and by the way, I fall asleep quickly on listening to them but if you are one who keeps worrying about every bird that sings, every cracking branch then you’ll want an ear plug to slow down these sounds to sleep comfortably.
Pillow is not something that you think of before going camping. But bringing a pillow with you is really going to make you happy, To keep things simple and compact a good inflatable pillow or packable foam is perfect.
Sleeping routine for camping
Let’s see the most simple but the most effective sleeping routing of all time.
Sleep at the same time every day
Going to bad every day on time will program your brain to switch off easily. If you sleep not in time means randomly sleeping every day at no decided time will cause you bad sleep, late sleep, or even no sleep because your body is unable to understand which is the right time to switch off.
If you can’t go for sleeping every day at the same time then at least wake up every day at the same time. If wake up at the same time then it tells your body that this much time you have to rest and recharge and due to this organized time your body tries to switch off at a time so that it can switch on at the time with full energy.
Pre bed routine will help your system to shut down on time
Here are some healthy pre-bed routine tips for a good sleep on camping.
- If you’re feeling hungry, then only eat some light meals like oats, fruits, or juice an hour or more before going to bed.
- Do some squats, burpees, and push-ups for 15-20 minutes (you can do more).
- Brush your teeth and wash your face with cold or lukewarm water 30 minutes before going inside your sleeping bag.
- Go for the bathroom twice – one time before eating and one after half an hour of eating.
- For at least 21 minutes sit down and close your eyes. Pay attention to your breath.
- Now you’re relaxed and completely ready for comfortable sleep.
Start doing these things every day before going to bed. This will set up a circadian clock in your body which will remind your body every day at the same time – that it’s to sleep.
Click here to know more about the current biology system and the Circadian clock to the light-dark cycle.
I am 100% sure if you do all the things and steps I told you in this article you will have the most comfortable sleep on a tent camping. The sleep routine I shared is for everyone whether they go camping or not if they follow it they will get a very good relaxed sleep which will completely recharge you for the next day.
If you some more tips on making sleep in a tent comfortable then please share it with us. It is always nice to have you on this website.